Information Collected From or About You
What kinds of information does ITiVi.tv collect from or about me and my activities?
Generally speaking, we may collect the following information from or about you and your activities when you use the ITiVi.tv Services:
- information you give us, including your name, email address, birth date, gender, and -if you subscribe to ITiVi.tv;
- information automatically collected when you use the ITiVi.tv Services, such as your location, your activity on the ITiVi.tv Services, and information collected via cookies, web beacons, or other technologies;
- information from other commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases, or our business partners, which may include your interests, purchasing behavior and your activities online, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed; and
- if you connect your social networking account with your ITiVi.tv account, information from your social networking account as described below.
Are there other parties collecting information from or about me that I should be aware of while using the ITiVi.tv Services?
- Social Networking Services. You can use the ITiVi.tv Services with social networking services, such as Facebook and connect your ITiVi.tv account with your social networking account. With your consent, ITiVi.tv may send information about you to these services, including information about your use of the ITiVi.tv Services. Social networking services also may collect certain technical information about you, such as the IP address of the device you are using to access the ITiVi.tv Services and the URL of the page you are viewing.
How We Use This Information
How does ITiVi.tv use information it collects from or about me?
- Promotional Communications. We may use your information to:
- provide you with promotional information about ITiVi.tv's features, services, and other offerings that may be of interest to you; or
- provide information or offers to you that are related to the ITiVi.tv Services on behalf of ITiVi.tv's business partners.
- Recommendations and Advertising. We may use information about you, including your use of ITiVi.tv, to provide recommendations and advertisements on the ITiVi.tv Services and elsewhere on the web.
How We Share This Information
With whom does ITiVi.tv share the information it collects from or about me?
- Other ITiVi.tv Users. The ITiVi.tv Services include social features that let you interact with other people who use them. Information that you voluntarily make public on the ITiVi.tv Services will be shared with other ITiVi.tv users. For example, if your ITiVi.tv username includes your real name, when you post a comment it will be associated with your real name. You can control the sharing of certain information contained in your ITiVi.tv profile or about your activities on the ITiVi.tv Services with others.
- Business Partners. Except when they are acting on our behalf or when you have provided your information as part of a co-branded promotion, we will obtain your consent before we share your contact information with advertisers, business partners, or other entities that are not affiliated with ITiVi.tv so that they may send you promotional information about their products and services directly.
- Social Networking Services. You can use the ITiVi.tv Services on other social networking services such as Facebook, and connect your ITiVi.tv account with your social networking account. With your consent, ITiVi.tv may send information about you to these social networking services, including information about the videos you watch and your activities on the ITiVi.tv Services.
- Service Providers. We may also share your information with companies that provide services to us, including companies that assist with payment processing, website, user, and business analytics, data processing, account management, advertising, and other services. We may also enter into agreements with outside companies that possess the technology that allows us to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive while using the ITiVi.tv Services. Your information, including clickstream data about your use of the ITiVi.tv Services and other online activities, may be shared with these companies so this customization can be accomplished. However, our agreements with these service providers limit the types of information these companies collect, how they may collect it, and how they may use it.
- Other Parties In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
How does ITiVi.tv use and share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information?
- We may use information in these forms for a variety of purposes, including for research or analysis, website administration, advertising, and promotional purposes. We also may share it with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities. For example, we may share aggregate information with advertisers about the volume of use on the ITiVi.tv Services, the specific ITiVi.tv videos in which users are most interested, and the effectiveness of advertisements viewed on the ITiVi.tv Services (as measured by the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement). Also, we use independent third parties to help measure viewing of our content, and these third parties may report statistics about viewing in an aggregate or other non-personally identifiable form.
Security, Kids, and Other Information
How does ITiVi.tv protect the information it collects from or about me?
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. For example, passwords and other sensitive information are encrypted in transit. We also take steps to ensure that only those ITiVi.tv employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to your information are granted access.
Despite these efforts, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the ITiVi.tv Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Does ITiVi.tv collect information from children under the age of 13?
ITiVi.tv prohibits registration or subscription by, and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
What technologies are used to understand how people use the ITiVi.tv Services?
On ITiVi.tv, we, along with our partners and vendors, use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the ITiVi.tv Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are stored in separate files within your computer's Internet browser. Cookies store information about your activities on a website or other platform. For example, cookies can store your session information for easy sign-in to a website or other platform you have previously visited. They enable us to make your use of the ITiVi.tv Services more enjoyable.
- For example, we, along with our partners and vendors, may display targeted advertisements based on your activities and other information about you that we have collected, such as your interests. Cookies are one way that we store this kind of information.
- Some advertisements displayed in connection with the ITiVi.tv Services may also access or place cookies on your Internet browser or use other technologies provided by third-party Internet advertisers and the companies that help them deliver their ads (sometimes called “ad networks” or “network advertisers”).
- Other local storage. We, along with our partners and vendors, use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the ITiVi.tv Services, including the video player. Sometimes called “browser cookies,” these technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computers and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences, such as your volume/mute settings. However, these objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls.
- Web beacons. We, along with our partners and vendors, may also use technologies that communicate information from your Internet browser or the ITiVi.tv video player to a web server, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”). Pixel Tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Pixel Tag, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Pixel Tag was viewed. We use Pixel Tags to improve your ITiVi.tv experience, including to provide you with content customized to your interests.
How does ITiVi.tv work with social networks such as Facebook?
- ITiVi.tv and Social Networking. If you choose to link your ITiVi.tv account with a social networking service, ITiVi.tv and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. With your consent, we also may share information about your activities, including what you watch on ITiVi.tv, with that social network’s users.
- Connecting with Facebook While Using the ITiVi.tv Services. Facebook and ITiVi.tv have developed a process that allows you to connect your ITiVi.tv account with your Facebook account. When you connect your accounts, you authorize ITiVi.tv and Facebook to share certain information about you with each other. With your consent, we may also share information about your activities on the ITiVi.tv Services with Facebook and its users including publishing your watch activity to Facebook. This section provides information on how this sharing works.
- Sharing on Facebook. If you connect your ITiVi.tv and Facebook accounts, ITiVi.tv will ask you if you want to automatically share information about your activities on the ITiVi.tv Services to Facebook. When you choose to share information about your activities on the ITiVi.tv Services with Facebook, Facebook may make that information visible to Facebook users in accordance with applicable law, the Facebook Data Use Policy, and your Facebook privacy settings. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with Facebook’s Data Use Policy and privacy controls.
- Sharing on ITiVi.tv. When you connect your ITiVi.tv and Facebook accounts, ITiVi.tv will access the list of all your Facebook friends and import them to ITiVi.tv. All of your Facebook friends who have also connected their ITiVi.tv and Facebook accounts will be connected to you on ITiVi.tv. Any Facebook friend who connects his or her ITiVi.tv and Facebook accounts at a later date will also automatically be connected to you on ITiVi.tv. This means that, if you choose to share your activities on the ITiVi.tv Services, all of your Facebook friends who have connected their Facebook and ITiVi.tv accounts will be able to see what you watch when they use ITiVi.tv.
- Separate Lists of Friends. Although ITiVi.tv imports all of your friends from Facebook, the ITiVi.tv and Facebook privacy settings are separate. This means that your Facebook privacy controls do not control who can see your activity on ITiVi.tv. As a result, if you choose to connect your Facebook and ITiVi.tv accounts and enable sharing, then all of your Facebook friends will be able to see your ITiVi.tv activity when they use ITiVi.tv. Right now, the best way to stop sharing your activity on ITiVi.tv with a Facebook friend is to turn off social sharing or unfriend that person on Facebook. If you unfriend someone on Facebook there may be some reasonable delay, while ITiVi.tv and Facebook process changes to your Facebook friend list, before we update who can see your activity on ITiVi.tv.
- In addition, if you visit ITiVi.tv while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify you and to associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you.
Third-Party Advertising On ITiVi.tv
How does third-party advertising on ITiVi.tv impact me?
ITiVi.tv carries advertisements from other companies, often with the ability to click through to websites or properties run by these other companies.
- Information Shared with Advertisers and Advertising Companies. ITiVi.tv may share aggregate information with advertisers and the companies that help them deliver their ads so they can measure the effectiveness of advertisements viewed in connection with the ITiVi.tv Services. For example, we may tell advertisers the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Opting Out of Third-Party Behavioral Advertising. Some of these advertising companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of behavioral advertising delivered by each of its member companies. Some of the third parties that collect information on the ITiVi.tv Services in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Attention: Legal Department
Horsh Tabet, Zone Vert
Point Center, 7th Floor